Welcome and thank you for visiting PositivelySTRONG!
As a friend, daughter, sister, wife, mother, student, life enthusiast, martial artist, health educator and personal trainer, Sunny’s goal and passion lies in encouraging individuals to prioritize their mental health and physical well-being each and every day.
With a strong belief that health and fitness can be fun, flexible and achievable, she sets out to teach and instill healthy habits and skills that fit within the busiest of schedules.
Sunny believes in teaching evidence-based strategies for behavior change to help individuals become independent in their own fitness programs. To eat and train in a healthy and intuitive way that facilitates achievement of fitness goals along with living an overall healthier and more balanced life.
Background & Education
- 18+ years of experience with one-on-one personal training, remote online training, teaching karate and group fitness classes
- Specializing in high-intensity, total-body, and functional training styles to enhance fat loss and increase muscle density
- Combines ballistic movements with functional exercises to improve body composition, strength, balance, power, and stability
- Northwestern University, M.S. Health Communication
- University of Toronto, H.B.A. Arts & Science
- Canadian Fitness Professionals Continuing Education: Personal Training Foundations, Eat Clean Foundations, Healthy Eating and Weight Loss, Fight Fitness, Meditation, Mindfulness and Movement by YogaFit®.
- CanFitPro PTS Personal Training Specialist, Healthy Eating and Weight Loss Coach
- Canadian Wado-Ryu Karate Federation 3rd Degree Black Belt
- Fitness Kickboxing Specialist Level 1 Certification
- American Heart Association C.P.R. and A.E.D