Some people just don’t like working with a personal trainer. They may like the idea of having someone to consult with, or the added motivation a trainer provides, but they’re just not into making or keeping tight one hour appointments at the gym or having someone yell— “gimme just 1 more rep!” —into their ear.
I don’t blame them. I’m a certified personal trainer, and even I don’t like forcing my clients into a rigid schedule, where they dread coming to see me.
Like my clients, I much prefer a flexible schedule. This is why all of my packages are offered online. Many of my clients are busy professionals, some with kids, some without. Time is precious to them and they don’t always have the luxury of dropping into workout classes at a set time.
How Online Strength & Nutrition Guideance Works
- I provide you with a series of online questionnaires
- You fill out the online forms and send back to me
- I obtain all the necessary information I need (such as your goals, weight, height, fitness level, stress levels, fitness and nutritional likes, dislikes, allergies, injuries, concerns, etc.)
- I create a customized personal training program and macronutrient focused meal plan for you
Strength and Conditioning
What most people need is a customized plan that gives detailed information on what exercises to do, on what days. Sometimes exercises will include machines or weight resistance, other times it may be body weight exercises or plyometrics. Everything fits together to target your specific goals and keep your body on your toes.
Don’t know how to use the equipment at your gym properly? No problem, I send you videos, photos and descriptions if that’s an issue. All workout plans keep in mind your fitness level, load, intensity, frequency and the various equipment you may or may not have available to you. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to these plans. Everything is tailored to your needs.
My clients aren’t into fad diets, instead they want to eat real food, with the correct portion sizes for their activity needs and fitness levels, while losing body fat and gaining muscle in all the right places. I calculate your macros, and give you a workable schedule of suggested meals and recipes that fit those macros (that’s the hardest part for most people) and fit your daily life.
Lots of people wonder how my clients see results with their online training, and just like anything else, it all comes down to communication. I need to hear from my clients on a regular basis and I do my absolute best to reach out and keep everybody on track.
How Weight-loss (Or Muscle-Gain) Progress Is Monitored
- Before you start any of my custom plans, we go over everything together and walk through any questions (this is done via email, phone, Skype or FaceTime. Occasionally this is done in person at the gym for a good old fashioned personal training session for an added fee)
- Every week you take progress photos and body measurements and send my way
- Every week I look forward to receiving your data and tweaking your program to further tailor-fit the plan to your changing needs. Its hard to create the next stage of your plan if I haven’t heard from you in a while. Too much time between check-ins often means we have to go back to the drawing board. This keeps most people motivated to check-in with me regularly.
- We communicate back and forth by email or text messaging, throughout the week
- After a few weeks, you start to feel more energized, stronger and your clothes fit differently. Your friends start noticing changes in your weight, the way you look and your rising self confidence levels around the gym and elsewhere
- You are leaner, meaner and a positively stronger you!
My favorite thing about being an online trainer
The best part is that I get to be a part of my clients’ day to day goals, not just once or twice a week at a crowded gym. Sometimes I get whole menus sent to me from the restaurants that my clients are going to—with questions about what to eat and how to calculate macros—while other times I get lengthy confessions about skipped gym sessions or food binges. Receiving daily snapshots of my clients’ progress, healthy lifestyle choices or fast food meal alternatives that they have whipped up is just plain awesome.
If you are interested in learning more about the online fitness training plans and macronutrient based meal plans available at PositivelyStrong Health Solutions, feel free to ask me below. The Online Strength & Nutrient Guidance page also provides lots more information.
To Being Positively Strong!