Some people just don’t like working with a personal trainer.
They may like the idea of having someone to consult with, or they like having the added motivation a trainer provides, but they’re just not into making or keeping one hour appointments at the gym just to have someone yell into their ear. Many of my clients are busy professionals, some with kids, some without. Time is precious to them and they don’t always have the luxury of dropping into workout classes at a set time.
I can’t say that I blame them. Like my clients, I much prefer having a flexible schedule where I can better care for more of my clients.
This is why I prefer to create custom programs for my clients to follow on their terms, at their own schedule. I love that I can offer all of my packages online and can provide remote coaching weekly check-ins or even via video conferencing.
How Online Strength & Nutrition Guideance Works
- I provide you with a series of online questionnaires
- You fill out the online forms and send back to me
- I obtain all the necessary information I need (such as your goals, weight, height, fitness level, stress levels, fitness and nutritional likes, dislikes, allergies, injuries, concerns, etc.)
- I create a customized personal training program and macronutrient focused meal plan for you
Strength and Conditioning
What most people need is a customized plan that gives detailed information on what exercises to do, on what days. Sometimes exercises will include machines or weight resistance, other times it may be body weight exercises or plyometrics. Everything fits together to target your specific goals and keep your body on your toes.
Don’t know how to use the equipment at your gym properly? No problem, I send you videos, photos and descriptions if that’s what you need. All workout plans are created with your fitness level, load, intensity, frequency, and the various equipment you may or may not have available to you, in mind. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to these plans. Everything is tailored to your needs.
My clients aren’t into fad diets, instead they want to eat real food, with the correct portion sizes for their level of activity and fitness goals, while losing body fat and gaining muscle in all the right places. I calculate your macros, and give you a workable schedule of suggested meals and recipes that fit those macros (that’s the hardest part for most people) and fit your daily life.
Lots of people wonder how my clients see results with their online training, and just like anything else, it all comes down to communication. I need to hear from my clients on a regular basis and I do my absolute best to reach out and keep everybody on track.
How Weight-loss (Or Muscle-Gain) Progress Is Monitored
- Before you start your custom plan, we will go over all of the details together and walk through any questions you may have—this is done via email, phone, Skype or FaceTime.
- Every week you will take progress photos and body measurements and log them into your new custom tracker. I will be alerted when you submit your measurements and photos, and I will check them and provide you feedback.
- Every week, I look forward to receiving your data. I will tweak your program as needed.
- It’s very difficult to create the next stage of your plan if I haven’t heard from you in a while. Too much time between check-ins often means we have to go back to the drawing board, which keeps most people motivated to check-in with me regularly.
- We communicate back and forth by email or text messaging, throughout the week
- After a few weeks, you may start to feel more energized, stronger and your clothes fit differently. After 12 weeks, your friends may start to notice the changes in your weight, the way you look and your rising self confidence levels around the gym and elsewhere.
- You are leaner, meaner and a positively stronger you!
My favorite thing about being an online trainer
The best part is that I become so vested in my clients’ day to day goals, not just once or twice a week at a crowded gym, but instead in real time and for long periods of time.
I often get whole menus sent to me from the restaurants that my clients are going to—with questions about what to eat and how to calculate macros—while other times I may get lengthy confessions about skipped gym sessions or food binges. Receiving daily snapshots of my clients’ progress, new healthy lifestyle choices (or fast food meal alternatives they have whipped up) is just plain awesome.
If you are interested in learning more about the online fitness training plans and macronutrient based meal plans available at PositivelySTRONG Health Solutions, feel free to ask me below. The Online Strength & Nutrient Guidance page also provides more information on packages and plans.
To Being Positively Strong!